Boasting a modern design with sleek lines she points as high as 15 degrees to the wind and you’ll experience speeds of up to 20 knots as you bear away downwind. Wow! With twin 30HP Yanmar diesels you’ll cruise under motor at 8+ knots too. From the raised helm position, where there is room for two, you have 360 degree visibility. Yet you don’t feel isolated from your group since there is direct contact to the cockpit. You can even see straight down into the main galley.
This Lightwave 38 is a joy to live aboard. She is recommended for 2 to 8 people and offers 3 separate cabins. There are 2 doubles forward – one has a single bunk too, the other a private head and a small child’s bunk. There’s also a double cabin that can be used as two singles and in the port hull a combined head / shower.
The cockpit has ample seating and a large cockpit table. Theres a BBQ for easy outdoor entertaining and the extra fridge below the helm seat means a cold refreshing drink is in easy reach for everyone! There’s a large roof giving plenty of shelter and on rainy days the cockpit can be completely enclosed. The walk around decks and wide open foredeck, together with the ease of handling, makes this an ideal choice for you next holiday on the water.
In Pittwater – 2010 model – Capacity 8 by Day / 8 Overnight
– 2 Queen Cabins, 1 double cabin + extra kids beds
– Convertible saloon
– Length: 11.3m (38′) Beam : 6.67m (21′ 9″)
– 2 x 30HP Yanmar Diesel engines
– Fully Battened Mainsail/ Lazy Jacks/ Boom Bag
– Self-tacking furling Headsail
– Electric Anchor Winch
– Speed/Depth/Wind instruments/Chart Plotter
– 240v Inverter and Solar Charging
– DVD player/ flat screen TV with digital tuner
– Sound system with tuner, CD, USB and MP3
– Hot and Cold Deck Shower
– 2 Heads (both electric toilets) – 1 with separate shower
– Cockpit Fridge/Freezer + galley Fridge & big Freezer
– 3 burner gas stove with oven, microwave, BBQ upstairs
– Fuel, LPG gas and linen included
– Inflatable rib tender with outboard available for a fee